17 agosto 2013

Preposizioni usate con le espressioni di tempo

At
si usa con:
1.      Le ore
2.      Per indicare un momento peciso
3.      Con vocaboli indicanti festività
Esempio:
1.      I have to get up at 6 o’clock .
2.      I’ll go in America at the end of the year.
3.      My parents will come at Chiristmas.
In
si usa con:
1.      I mesi
2.      Con le stagioni
3.      Con gli anni/secoli
4.      Con le parti del giorno, tranne che per la notte (at night), in quanto in the night significa duramente la notte, nella notte.
Esempio:
1.      I always go on holiday in July.
2.      My parents never go on holiday in summar.
3.      I was born in 1992
4.      I am at school in the morning.

On
si usa:
1.      Davanti alla data
2.      Davanti ai giorni della settimana
3.      Davanti alle ricorrenze quando sono usati come complementi di tempo.
Esempio:
1.      I’m getting married on 12th October.
2.      I often go to the gym on Monday afternoons.
3.      We often eat chocolate eggs on Ester Day.

After
Dopo
I often sleep after lunch.
Before
Prima
I saw him before supper.
During
Duramente
I can’t sleep during the night!
For
(per) indica la durata
I’ve been in London for two years.
In
fra
I’ll be there in five minutes
By
entro un momento preciso
You must be at home by 9 o’clock
Within
entro un periodo generico
You must send me the work within 5 hours.
Till/Until
fino a
I haven’t had  a good reason to go til now

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento